One of the ways to do this is through a Senior Coach Celebration Call. It’s a chance to celebrate your Senior Coach, and encourage them on their journey to Optimal Wellbeing.
Purpose of the conversation:
- Celebrate them & continue to build a relationship
- Find out their next desired goal
- Confirm their basic skills
- With permission, outline next steps
Always start out by asking, “What do you enjoy about coaching so far?”
- Then let them talk and listen for clues. You’ll hear if they are excited, ready to touch more lives, or a little hesitant or discouraged. Their responses will guide your conversation.
Then ask, “Where would you like to go from here?”
- Based on their answer, the conversation will go 1 of 3 ways
- Ready for more – clear desire to grow
- Confused - don’t know if they want to grow
- Content - happy where they are right now, no real desire to do more
- If they are ready for more and have a desire to grow:
- Help them understand what YOU think is possible, and what that might look like from an earnings standpoint in terms of Clients, new Coaches, and Senior Coach teams.
- Then, (if their goal is Executive Director, for example), “How would an extra $2k/month impact your life/budget/stress, etc.?”
- If they are confused and don’t know if they want to grow
- Explore their why as a Coach and help awaken them to how OPTAVIA might be a solution for what they are seeking
- If they are content and happy where they are, simply move into confirming basic skills
Confirm basic skills:
- How are your Client support efforts going? [Listen to response]
- Comfortable sharing OPTAVIA on your own?
- Using the OPTAVIA Success System?
- Moving to one day a week for Client support?
- Health Assessment or Wellbeing Evaluation on each Client?
- Following up?
- Identifying Coach Candidates ready to pay it forward?
- Using social media?
- Connecting to the Community & support available?
If applicable, introduce new items (based on their desired goal):
- Review the importance of the MAP
- Discuss Certification
- Explore sponsoring
- Out of your first 5 Clients, who are your one or two best Coach Candidates? [Listen to response]
- When ready, teach them to start bringing on Coaches and why that will benefit them and their Clients.
- Encourage them to visit OPTAVIA LEARN and other Community & support resources available
- Help them define clear action steps
- Remind them about team coaching
- Send them (or guide them) to the MAP Video (when applicable)
- Here’s a video with more detail and information on helping your Senior Coaches.