Begin with a phone call:
- Leave a positive, upbeat message if necessary and follow up with a text.
- Use a variety of communication methods.
- Comment on social media posts.
- Schedule time to follow up consistently.
Let them know that you are following up because you are interested in what’s happening in their lives right now. When you take the time to do this, they will feel important and know that you really care. You can start the conversation by saying something like…
“Hey, Mary, it was so great to see you at the game/cookout/party on Saturday! I wanted to touch base with you this week to learn more about your personal journey to Optimal Health and your current health goals?”
“Hey, David, I’m sorry you weren’t able to join us for our Healthy Happy Hour last weekend! We missed you! I wanted to touch base with you to learn more about your personal journey to Optimal Health and your health goals for the coming year.”
Then ask curious open-ended questions to learn more:
- Where are you on your Optimal Health Journey?
- What does Optimal Health mean to you?
- How can I support you on your journey?
- What is currently preventing you from beginning your journey/achieving Optimal Health?
- If you could change one thing about your health right now, what would it be?
- Are you ready to move forward on your journey to Optimal Health?
Most importantly, just take time to follow up to build relationships. This purposeful action will not only positively impact the lives of those around you, but it will positively impact your business as well.
Enjoy the follow up and make it a habit – every simple new habit, every healthy decision, every positive change leads to more—think about how this new habit of follow up could grow your business and the OPTAVIA Community!